CII Smart Manufacturing Summit – Focus on Industry 4.0
Published by : Industrial Automation
The 6th CII Smart Manufacturing Summit – International Digital Conference and Exhibition – is scheduled for 9-13th November 2020.
CII Smart Manufacturing Council – a high-level council focusing on driving the agenda of Industry 4.0 adoption in India was created in April 2017 and has been working relentlessly towards achieving its objective. The Council garnered significance interest and appreciation for its work from the Government, industry, academia and others.
Among several initiatives being driven by the Council, CII Smart Manufacturing Summit has been organised annually as its flagship event since 2015. The summit brings together stakeholders from across Macro, Meso and Micro levels to:
-deliberate on policy recommendations to promote I4.0 adoption in India
-celebrate the success stories of I4.0 implementation
-showcase emerging technologies, applications of I4.0 through exhibition
-exchange international and domestic best practices, and
-learn from domain experts about I4.0 concepts.
The Summit provides an opportunity to showcase the work done by the Council through the year and launch initiatives with a bang. The past summits have witnessed launch of few crucial initiatives like:
1. Compendium of case-studies – ‘Manufacturing in India: Creating a Smarter Future’
2. CII Map of Use Cases on Industry 4.0
3. CII Smart Manufacturing Platform – www.smartmanufacturingindia.com
This year, the Summit is in its sixth edition and being organised virtually as a week-long programme from 9-13th November in partnership with Plattform Industrie 4.0, Germany. The theme of the Summit is ‘Industry 4.0: Shaping Manufacturing for the New Normal: Unleashing the potential of the MSMEs’.
The weeklong programme will encompass a vibrant mix of panel discussions, master-classes by international experts, virtual exhibition, virtual tours of I4.0 demo centres, keynote addresses and B2B meets. The Summit will also witness launch of ‘India’s Industry 4.0 e-Directory’ which will act as a reference pool of Industry 4.0 eco-system in India. The e-Directory would be first of its kind e-publication in India to showcase the prowess of Indian Industry in the space of Industry 4.0 by listing companies and its products/applications covering key technology pillars namely – Robotics, Blockchain, Additive manufacturing, IIoT, Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics for Industry 4.0.
The objective of the Summit will be to deliberate on:
-co-development of low cost and affordable technology with International partnerships
-creating a technology facilitation platform for the MSMEs at subsidised rates, and
-key recommendations that could be addressed by Government to promote technology adoption by MSMEs.
The key highlights of the 6th CII Smart Manufacturing Summit are captured below:
1. Inaugural Session with launch of India’s Industry 4.0 e-Directory and Virtual Exhibition
2. ‘German Day’ on 12th November: International Experience Session with Plattform Industrie 4.0, Germany; Session on ‘Creating a worldwide impact through shaping the digital transformation in manufacturing’; and Session on ‘The Vision of GAIA-X: A European Federated Data Infrastructure’.
3. Panel Discussions in association with Microsoft and Rockwell Automation India
4. Keynote address and case-study presentations by: Omron Automation; Hitachi Vantara; and PTC.
5. Master-classes by International Experts: Bosch Rexroth Training Centre; Frankfurt School of Finance and Management; Local Global GmbH; and Siemens Training Academy.
6. Virtual Tours of Industry 4.0 Demo Centres: Microsoftp; Rockwell Automation; SAP; and FANUC.
7. Panel Discussion on "Digitised Manufacturing for inclusive and sustainable industrial development in India" in association with UNIDO: Virtual Exhibition and B2B meets – live from 9-20th November.
The esteemed Partners for the 6th CII Smart Manufacturing Summit include:
International Partner: Plattform Industrie 4.0, Germany
Event Partner: Microsoft
Gold Partners: Rockwell Automation India; and SAP
Silver Partner: Hitachi Vantara
Corporate Contributors: Fluke Networks; OMRON Automation; PTC; and Siemens India
Knowledge Partner: Roland Berger
Media Partner: Industrial Automation
To join the 6th CII Smart Manufacturing Summit, please register here: