Emerson Webcast Series for Refineries
Published on : Tuesday 13-07-2021
Emerson has launched a series of Webcasts to address the various issues facing refineries.
Refineries face a myriad of problems not including the basic concerns about the different grades of crude and feedstock. These mainly relate to equipment reliability and maintenance, but also safety and environmental regulations. Emerson has launched a series of Webcasts to address the various issues facing refineries.
Inspiring to be a Green and Energy Efficient Refinery
Emissions from refineries continue to be a major problem. Gas and oil leaks are harmful to the environment and increase toxic emissions. Flaring increases greenhouse gases and raises global temperature. Fugitive emissions of gases or vapours from pressurised equipment due to unintentional leaks contribute to air pollution. Failed traps waste fuel, reduce efficiency, increase production costs and compromise the overall integrity of the steam and condensate systems. Non-optimal combustion operation increases fouling and slagging, corrosion, erosion, thermal degradation, and other boiler reliability and availability losses.
With all these challenges in the plant, there is a need to reduce gas contamination, caused by process inefficiency or unintentional leaks, improve data and process integrity which leads to a smaller carbon footprint and minimize emission impact and chemical use with real-time analytics.
Secure Digital Transformation of your Refinery
Many legacy control systems were not built with cybersecurity in mind, presenting increased vulnerability in the refinery plant. Wireless networks, mobile apps, and cloud-based systems increase the risk of cyber-attack or security breaches on the process control system or expose operations data that could lead to plant shutdown or worse, safety implications.
It has become increasingly important to protect your process control system and network connections and take appropriate steps to further protect your plant against potential threats.
Refinery can start the digital transformation journey wherever they are, from starting small in one facility to address key issues to exploring companywide programs across an entire business driver to driving enterprise-wide adoption of cloud-based technologies, robust software, data analytics, and product technology and services portfolio for overall business transformation.
The schedule of these webcasts is as follows:
- Inspiring to be a Green and Energy Efficient Refinery
- Wednesday, July 28, 2021, 01:00 PM SGT
- Secure Digital Transformation of Your Refinery
- Wednesday, August 04, 2021, 01:00 PM SGT
- Smart Monitoring with Predictive Maintenance
- Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 01:00 PM SGT
- Innovative Solutions for Personnel Safety
- Wednesday, August 18, 2021, 01:00 PM SGT
- Innovative Solutions for Plant Process Safety
- Wednesday, August 25, 2021, 01:00 PM SGT
- Creating A Sustainable and Profitable Refinery Operations
- Wednesday, September 01, 2021, 01:00 PM SGT
- Improving Asset Reliability with Lifecycle Services
- Wednesday, September 08, 2021, 01:00 PM SGT
For Registration click here : https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/3288913/DC7158A30B3B698166372C542E43E05B/2646368