Happy Birthday – Five Years of tec.nicum
Published on : Friday 10-12-2021
Services for machine and plant safety – a brief review of what has happened since tec.nicum was founded in 2016.
tec.nicum, the service division for machine and plant safety belonging to the Schmersal Group, is celebrating its fifth anniversary. A lot has happened since tec.nicum was founded in 2016. Reason enough for a brief review.
In these five years we have:
1. Made countless phone calls and successfully advised our customers on the optimal implementation of the complex requirements of the EC Machinery Directive 2006/42 / EC as part of the tec.nicum support ticket,
2. Covered thousands of kilometres and prepared tailor-made standard research, risk assessments, SISTEMA calculations, validations, CE conformity assessments and technical documentation for renowned machine manufacturers in all industries,
3. Reliably supported dozens of machine operators in documenting the safety status of their machinery, risk assessments, follow-up time measurements, modifications and retrofitting,
4. Held numerous practical seminars on functional machine safety and continuously expanded the range of topics, and
5. Hired numerous highly qualified employees and expanded our global network of TÜV-certified security experts many times over.
In 2010 a small training centre was founded, followed by the new service division in 2016. Today, five years later, tec.nicum has established itself as an internationally recognised provider of security services.
We have been able to convince machine manufacturers and operators around the world of the services of tec.nicum with transparent and timely project processes when carrying out complex, exciting tasks. A development we are proud of.
The range of services offered by tec.nicum cover four segments:
Academy: A comprehensive range of training courses on numerous topics, including General Machine Safety, ISO13849, Safety Circuits and Wiring, and Understanding and Conducting Risk Assessments; with customer specific in-house training seminars; and webinars.
Technical: Safety appraisals and check conformity with applicable legislation and standards of machine safety and work protection. From the results of these investigations, they derive manufacturer-neutral recommendations for action and corrective measures with the aim of configuring the systems in accordance with the relevant directives.
Engineering: Supports the client in the development of new machines and systems or the modification of existing machines and systems so that, even from the projection phase, machine safety is implemented as efficiently as possible. Specialists in this area accompany the whole process, from initial planning talks to the definition of requisite safety elements to safety testing and inspection of the overall installation as well as handover of the complete project documentation.
Integration: The experts at tec.nicum have built up extensive experience from projects in industries such as the packaging, food processing, automotive, construction, paper manufacture, metal processing, chemicals and pharmaceuticals. They install safety switchgear and sensors and also take account of special features, such as explosive areas. Furthermore, they can assit in the parametrization, programming and installation of complex components such as optoelectronic safety products and safety controllers.
Prospects are good, our focus is clearly on growth. Our heart continues to beat for attention to detail and efficiency, always with the aim of finding the best solution for each customer.
In accordance with our own commitment: tec.nicum – excellence in safety – we care!
We look forward to the next few years and thank our customers for their trust and constructive cooperation.