Threat Intelligence Defined and Explored
Published by : Industrial Automation
Threat Intelligence or cyber threat intelligence is an internet-based concept used for organizations to understand the threat level and its prevention method to ensure the safety of the organization. In other words, threat intelligence is used to prepare, prevent, and identify cyber threats that are target to take advantage of valuable resources.
Objectives: Threat Intelligence
• Proactively helps the organizations to identify future cybersecurity threats
• Updates related to the volume of a variety of threats such as methods, vulnerabilities, targets, and bad actors
• Time-to-time updates and reports about the latest threats and consequences of it on the operation
Facts: Threat Intelligence
• A Clark School study stated that there is a hacker attack every 39 seconds
• Globally, the cost for the cybercrime is predicted to more than USD 1 trillion in 2018
• Companies can take up to 6 months to detect a data breach and its rectification process
• Currently, about 75% of the global companies are not incorporated any Cyber Security Incident Response plan
• Human involvement is responsible for 95% of the total cybersecurity breaches
• In 2016, Government, retail, and technology sectors are accounted for the 95% of breached records
• There is the growth of 126% from 2017 in 2018, which equals to half a billion personal records
• Globally, it is expected that USD 6 trillion of amount will be spent on cybersecurity by 2021
• There is a jump of 500% in large-scale DDoS attacks
• In the US, there are 25 connected devices per 100 inhabitants, further, there will be more than 200 billion connected devices by 2020
• Currently, there is an unfilled vacancy in 300,000 cybersecurity jobs in the US, while it will predict to reach 3.5 million across the world by 2021
• Over 75% of the healthcare industry has been infected with malware over last year
Current Availability Position: Threat Intelligence
The global market is witnessing a highly competitive within the security vendors in order to cater to the consumer demand to minimize the number of threats and reduce the continuous risks involved through the innovation and development of extensive threat intelligence tools. Every threat is not equal, which increases its demand and consumption across the end-use sectors to fulfill the need for threat intelligence tools job to protect every second of every day.
The market players enable intelligent cybersecurity techniques through advanced analytics, which covers machine learning and artificial intelligence methods that are tuned toward specific behavior risk and operating patterns.