IIoT for Better Plant Maintenance
Published by : Industrial Automation
The adoption and implementation of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) at the ground level of the plant to primarily connect human power with real-time data analytics and machines aim to enhance production capacity with the highest product quality. In addition, the rapid growth in the demand for IIoT to meet the need to address the facility receives and addresses plant maintenance and other services.
IIoT Technologies Use to Assist for Better Plant Maintenance
• Greater Adoption of Predictive Maintenance
• Real-Time Data Analysis
• Accurate Performance Metrics
• Automatic Software Upgrades
• Recommended Repair Actions
• Tighter Parts and Inventory Control
• Remote Assets Control and Management
The Objective of Plant Maintenance
In the global market, there is rapid growth in need for the solutions to maintain plant operations and safety. There is the availability of traditional and smart plant maintenance solutions to address the errors in the plant and further assist manufacturing companies to streamline plant maintenance operations in order to reduce the capital costs and enhance equipment reliability. The companies are focus into improving plant efficiency based on the incorporation of IIoT solutions to analyze across the production lines and human activities and further revealed the results in report format and dashboards on maintenance KPIs for the reference of the management personnel.
Key Capabilities of Plant Maintenance Solution –
• Ready-to-use statistical reports such as PM Compliance report, MTBF, MTTR, PM Effectiveness reports as well as custom reports for productivity and maintenance KPIs
• Auto-scheduling of maintenance tasks based on predefined schedule with the flexibility to adapt to newer business requirements
• Mobile app for technicians for real-time access, on-the-go data capture such as safety checklists and more
• Customizable task forms, workflows, and configurations for flexible operations and unique plant environments and requirements
• Integrations with IoT platform as well as third-party applications from SAP, IBM, and others
In conclusion, it is predicted that the opportunities through upgrading manufacturing plants with IIoT to handle the plant maintenance operations to scale the production efficiency through ongoing monitoring and analysis, which results in the rise of overall production capacity and product quality. In addition, the IIoT enabled plants to have an upright operating condition to avoid production stoppage and loss, along with the expansion in the quality of the product and to recover productivity. The manufacturing companies adopted value-added through ongoing monitoring and analysis in order to improve the plant’s reliability to reduce redundant maintenance costs, also through allocating resources in most efficient ways. Such factors are expected to create awareness and demand for the IIoT based solutions in the plant maintenance services in order to minimize the overall maintenance cost of plant and machine repairs in the global market in the coming years.