mechatronic systemtechnik unveils proprietary Calotte Loader mWL.cs
Published by : Industrial Automation
A fully automated stand-alone system for transferring wafers between cassettes and calottes.
Villach, Austria, 20 Jan 2021 — mechatronic systemtechnik, a leading global supplier of automation equipment for semiconductor wafer handling, today announces the availability of the mWL.cs mechatronic calotte loader. A fully automated stand-alone system for transferring wafers between cassettes and calottes, the mWL.cs provides integrated device manufacturers (IDMs) an opportunity to increase yield and improve process traceability at a high throughput.
Evaporation process tools often utilise spherical carriers and rings to meet uniformity and defectivity targets. However, the design of these tools has made it challenging to introduce automated wafer handling in this step of the manufacturing process. IDMs invariably default to manual wafer loading, which has resulted in yield degradation and an increased risk for misprocessing.
"Automating the wafer loading and unloading system for evaporation type metal deposition is a step that bears much potential," shared Stefan Detterbeck, Sales Director. "By eliminating human error from the equation, our system enables manufacturers to achieve higher yield and reduce damage to wafers. Enhanced process traceability also supports quality improvement measures to meet the conformity requirements of critical customer industries."
Key features of the mWL.cs mechatronic calotte loader include:
· Superior handling accuracy and repeatability — hand-off position measurement and auto-teaching capabilities (<50µm)
· Improved process traceability — host notification of Wafer ID, Cassette ID, Segment ID, and position in the segment
· Redundancy — 2 loading areas for continuous processing
· Impressive transfer times — high throughput of up to 240 wph that enables ROI within two years
· Dual size handling — customizable to handle 4", 6", 8", or 6" & 8" (dual size)
· Small footprint — less than 7 m2.
A specialist in fully automated handling systems for non-standard substrates and handling requirements, mechatronic recognises and addresses the semiconductor industry's need for the handling of ultra-sensitive substrates used in modern new wafer fabrication technologies. The company's deep expertise and proprietary technologies provide manufacturers with safe, reliable systems that handle non-standard substrates with ease and confidence.