Rosemount 1408H Level Transmitter – Non-Contacting Radar
Published on : Monday 12-07-2021
Maintenance free solution unaffected by process conditions such as density, viscosity, temperature, pressure and pH.
The Rosemount 1408H Level Transmitter provides accurate continuous level measurement. The radar is specifically designed to match hygienic requirements in the food & beverage industry. It is equipped with hygienic certifications (3-A®, FDA, EC 1935/2004, etc.), a compact and polished stainless steel housing, and the ability to withstand CIP and SIP cleaning processes which allows you to minimise contamination risk and assure product safety.
· Communication Protocol – 4-20 mA (3-wire), IO-Link, Switch
· Interoperability – Connection accessories sold separately.
· Process Connection – Tri Clamp, DIN 11851, Varivent®, etc.
· Accuracy – ±0.08 in. (±2 mm)
· Measurement Range – 32.8 ft. (10 m)
· Operating Temperature – -40 to 302°F (-40 to 150°C)
· Operating Pressure – 116 psi (8 bar)
· Process Wetted Material – 316L/1.4435 SST, EPDM, PTFE (Food graded)
· Certifications/Approvals – 3-A®, FDA, EC 1935/2004, etc.
· Compact form factor enables installation in applications with space constraints, such as small tanks and vessels
· G1" process connection is compatible with full suite of hygienic process connection adapters
· M12 electrical connector allows for simple installation and start-up
· 4-20 mA output and IO-link deliver ease of integration to existing or new systems
· Configurable switch output for indication of abnormal level conditions
· Reliable level values up to the top of the tank with no dead zone – ideal for small tanks
· Designed to withstand CIP processes as well as external washdowns (IP69K rated)
· The sensor has been designed to withstand tank cleaning processes (CIP and SIP) as well as external washdowns
· Stainless steel housing which has minimal crevices and a drip-off seal design that is insensitive to condensation and build-up
· The 80 GHz and FMCW technology provide a more focused beam angle to avoid and optimise the handling of internal obstructions
· Fast Sweep Technology provides continuous surface tracking for greater measurement reliability and accuracy, especially in fast filling applications
· Maintenance free solution unaffected by process conditions such as density, viscosity, temperature, pressure and pH.
Emerson Automation Solutions, Singapore. Tel: +65 67708044. Eileen.Teah@emerson.com