Published on : Monday 30-11--0001
The SIMATIC IPC847D is a rugged and extremely expandable industrial PC in 19" design (4U). It offers high investment protection thanks to outstanding long-term availability and ensures reliable operation in particularly harsh industrial environments, e.g. with high dust, temperature and shock loads.
Due to its high computing power and PCI-Express technology, the IPC847D is the perfect platform for high-performance applications, for example in measuring systems, test bays, industrial image processing or server applications.
The SIMATIC IPC847D is extremely flexible and expandable due to its 11 free PCI/PCI-Express slots:
- 7 x PCI, 4 x PCI-Express
- 3 x PCI, 8 x PCI-Express
The Rack PC SIMATIC IPC847D can be flexibly implemented thanks to:
- Minimal housing depth for space-saving installation in 19" control cabinets of 500 mm depth and more
- Removable 19" supports for use as a desktop PC in control stations and office environment
- Optional Tower Kit for space-saving vertical use as an industrial workstation or server
- Telescopic-rail mounting for service-friendly implementation in the control cabinet
Highlights and Interfaces
Maximum performance and extremely fast system response:
- Intel® processors (Intel Xeon, Core i5 and i3)
- Powerful onboard HD graphics integrated into the CPU
- UP to 32 GByte main memory
Extremely high system availability and data security
- RAID 1/5 system with onboard or hardware RAID Controller in hot swap frame
- Solid-state drive (SSD) with 240 GB (SATA 2.5")
- ECC-RAM, work memory with error correction
- Uninterruptible power supply (USV) or redundant power supply (hot-swap)
- Remote access with Intel AMT 9.0
- Optional PROFIBUS or PROFINET interface with three ports for low-cost connection of distributed field devices or to interfaces with SIMATIC S7
- High data transmission rates and redundancy thanks to teaming-capable Gigabit Ethernet connections
- Multi-monitoring with up to 5 monitors via optional PCI-Express x16 graphics card and onboard graphics
- DVI/VGA adapter for analog monitor (optional)
- 3 x Hi-Speed USB 3.0 ports, two of which on the on the rear side and one on the front, e.g. for access protected data storage or a software dongle, additional 3 x USB 2.0 ports
- Energy-efficient industrial PCs:
- Low power consumption thanks to the latest Intel technology
- Wake-on-LAN functionality for timed start-up of the IPCs from a central point, over the network, e.g. after a weekend without production.
Special features of SIMATIC IPC647D/847D
- Rugged and with long-term availability, with identical performance features, the same footprint, and installation, interface and software compatibility.
- Front fan can be replaced without tools
- Only one screw needs to be removed to quickly open the enclosure
- Hard disks and power supply unit can be replaced during operation.
- Additional internal USB interface with protection against unauthorized removal, e.g. for a software dongle
- Front USB interface concept: An inserted USB flash drive can also be operated with the front door closed, e.g. as software dongle, and is thus protected against misuse in the same way as the drives and the ON/OFF or reset button accessible from the front.
- Front LEDs for efficient self-diagnostics, e.g. for simple identification of a faulty hard disk in the RAID group or temperature and fan status.
PC options for demanding industrial server applications
The durable 19-inch industrial PCs SIMATIC IPC647D and 847D are now available with an array of new options for demanding industrial server applications, ensuring improved system performance and availability as well as data security:
- The PCs benefit from an hardware RAID controller for RAID1/5 configurations with up to 4x TB SAS* hard drives in a hot swap frame and an optional 240 GB SSD.
- Optional hot spare HDD with automatical re-build functionality to increase system availability and reduce service costs *.
- The redundant power supply and drives in the RAID array can be monitored using SIMATIC IPC DiagMonitor diagnostic software.
- The 64-bit server operating system Windows Server 2008/2012 R2 or Windows 7 Ultimate (32/64 bit) are available to cope with demanding applications.
It is used in Electrical, Paper Industries.
Siemens Limited (India)
Tel: 022 2456 9638