OnCell Central Manager
Published on : Monday 30-11--0001
Cellular networks, in most cases, are located in remote hard-to-reach areas that are spread over different geographical locations. OnCell Central Manager (OCM), Moxa's powerful OnCell device management tool, ensures effective remote management of industrial devices. The OCM tool extends the capabilities of your OnCell cellular gateway to provide fast deployment as well as powerful monitoring and security.
The biggest challenge that industries face today is designing a network infrastructure that can meet the constantly evolving industrial communication needs. Industrial networks are heterogeneous communication platforms that have evolved over time to cater to the multifaceted needs of its users. In addition to providing a core network infrastructure, industrial networks must also support the communication needs of the increasing number of devices that are added to the edge networks each day. In this white paper we look at the role of cellular networks in industrial edge networks and discuss how to choose a good cellular network management solution.
- Private IP Solution: OnCell Central Manager provides a way to enable public domain access at no extra cost.
- Port-Based Data Exchange:OnCell Central Manager provides data exchange capability between a remote center site and device sites by enabling exchange ports.
- Remote Configuration and Firmware Upgrade: OnCell Central Manager can also remotely update firmware and supports mass device configurations, making the deployment of large numbers of devices quick and easy.
- Firewall Friendly:OnCell Central Manager makes it easy for you to define all control ports and user ports, and change the ports if necessary.
- Easy-to-Use Interface: Quick sorting and filtering of devices as well as device status visualization provide operators with an efficient and easy way to check device statuses.
- Cross System Integration (RESTful APIs): The OnCell Central Manager APIs allow users to customize device status information and display it across different platforms.
- Easy Troubleshooting: Cross checking the system log and the RSSI history of a device provides further information for troubleshooting device issues.
- SMS Remote Control: OnCell Central Manager uses a third-party cloud service to send SMS control commands to OnCell devices to remotely reboot, initiate data connections, and perform firmware upgrades. (Note: The Twilio SMS service only supports the OnCell G3150A-LTE.)
- Account Classification Management: OnCell Central Manager allows the administrator to assign different roles, give each account various access levels, and monitor the current status. Each account created can be assigned different access rights to the various groups
- Device Group Management: By using the flexible device grouping function, operators can organize OnCell devices into different groups for easy monitoring of device statuses for different applications.
Moxa India,Bangalore,India,Tel: +91-80-4172-9088,Email:firstname.lastname@example.org